We are going to Disney World! Bringing a 15 month old to Disney World is an exciting yet terrifying thing to do! But being a planner, I think we will have everything we need to have the most magical trip!
So many of my friends on instagram showed interest in what I’m packing, how we will handle the plane ride, and how we will fit all we need in the stroller for the day- so I’m sharing everything we are doing in this blog post for you!
First up- How to keep your 1 year old busy on a plane:
- Headphones: ya, my 15 month old isn’t about to wear ear buds and I am not above letting her watch as much tv as possible if she stays still for more than 3 seconds on a plane.
- Flash Cards: Lots of pieces? That’s a win in my book. These are from the Dollar Tree but I’m linking something similar on amazon here. I know that she’ll love taking them out of the package, putting them back in, and transferring to other containers on this list.
- Bib: This trip is going to involve a whole lot of snacks, so we will try to protect the outfit as much as possible.
- Busy Book: Found this in the Target dollar section, but linking something similar here. It has felt pieces that stick to the pages and you can move them all around, I’m sure we will lose some pieces but I think it will hold her interest for a few because it is something new!
- Animal crackers: Bringing a favorite snack is a MUST do. Because if everything else fails a snack usually wins. Sorry for the mess flight attendants.
- Zip Pouch: I’ll be throwing a couple of the magnetic blocks in this pouch! She loves anything fuzzy so she’ll like playing around with the pouch too.
- Melissa and Doug Doll Book: This activity book is ADORABLE and it’s super fun to dress the doll. She will LOVE this one! It’s a must have.
- Sandwich box: I’ll be storing all the sticky notes and stickers in here.
- Sticky Notes: Stick them all over the tray, peel them, move them around, put them in the sandwich box. This is a huge toddler win.
- Band- aids: I know what you are thinking. Band- aids? In case she gets hurt? Nope… to play with. Take them out of the box, put them in the box, peel them open, stick them on the window and tray and magazines, throw them on the ground…. just stay contained and quiet- win win win.
- Snack Pouch: We usually carry the replay snack storage containers everywhere we go, but they can get bulky and we need a LOT of snacks on a plane…. these are super slim but also reusable!
- Water Bottle: This one was gifted to us just for Disney because it keeps the water cold for 24 hours!
- Water Wow: Every article you read about toddlers on planes screams water wow! So we’ll be giving this a try. Fill the little pen with water and they can easily paint the pages to color them!
- Safety Ear Muffs: Yes, we’re bringing two sets of headphone looking things. These ones completely blocks sound and protects ears, just in case she is bothered or sleeping. We use these during fireworks too!
Our flight from MA to FL is about 3.5 hours total. We hope she’ll sleep, play, and eat and then we will be there. IF this fails, we will walk her around the plane or use our phones to keep her happy! I DO feel as though we are over preparing but if none of this works, at least we tried. I’ll update once we are home!
Stroller Supplies! This was on topic I did a LOT of research on! I knew we needed to bring our big stroller for all the things we’d have to lug around to make our days happy and successful. We have a City Select LUX.
Here’s my list of some of the things we are bringing in the stroller:
- Baseball Hat: Minnie Mouse from H&M
- Hand Held Fan: This is one of those misting fans- a must have in Florida in June. We will also have our clip on stroller fan.
- Sun Hat: We don’t know what sun hat, if any, Quinn’s going to keep on. So we are bringing two different ones to try to shade her face from sun.
- Stroller Cooler: This cooler bag clips onto the side of the stroller freeing up from space in the stroller storage. You do need ice packs with this.
- Babiator Sunglasses: These are the BEST Sunglasses for babies and young toddlers because they do not slip off!
- Swim Diapers: There are a few splash pads around Disney so we’ll have a few on hand!
- Cup Holder: A lot of strollers no longer have a built in cupholder, the city select being one of them, so this is the one you can clip on!
- Stroller side pouch: We’ll keep our water bottles, snacks, and pacifiers in this mesh pouch along with anything else we need to grab quickly!
- Poloroid and Film: We LOVE this poloroid camera and we capture lots of Quinn’s life with it. She loves looking at her photo album.
- Sunscreen: We only use Thinkbaby sunscreen because of the limited ingredient list and it WORKS. The facestick is so easy to spread on!
- Wipes: These are to wipe down surfaces before she eats!
- Cooling Towel: We love this cooling towel for all of us to use! It’s especially good to cool down a hot sweaty napping toddler.
- Wet Bag: We will most likely be changing outfits alot because of water, snacks, lunch, and messes, we’ll throw all the wet and dirty stuff in here.
- Stroller Poncho: If it rains when we are in a show- we don’t want her seat to be soaked! So we’ll be throwing this over everything!
We will also have our diaper bag with us and the side pouches packed with snacks and drinks 🙂
How will we pack for our 15 month old? We are planning on 2 outfits a day with 3 double back up outfits! She is a messy eater, doesn’t like wet clothes, and we let her get dirty if she wants to in play areas like dirt or sand! So we are prepared for it all!
We will be using the ziploc bag method. I know this is not earth friendly, but I store all the ziplocs I use for packing in my suitcase and reuse them each time, so they are not single use. In each bag will be the two outfits of the day. It will include EVERYTHING (except the shoes for later days in the week since we aren’t bringing too many.) This SHOULD make mornings a lot easier, no questions of what she is wearing, easy to find, and rolled to take less space in the suitcase. The back up outfit will also be in the bag and then we will just throw the bag in the bottom of the stroller. Yes, we will keep it in the bag, in case it rains and things get wet, so she still has a dry outfit… AND so we have a bag for anything we made need it for like trash or wet clothes, diapers, etc.
- Bow: This mickey bow is from The Bow Clique Girls on Etsy!
- Back up Outfit: A gift from Quinn’s Nannie from Khols.
- Dress: Dress is from With Love By MJ on Etsy.
- Jelly Shoes: I’m linking similar here.
Update! I wrote this blog post before we left, but I am updating to let you know we used EVERYTHING except the stroller poncho- because it did not rain once! I’m still happy we have it just in case for next time!
We also announced our second baby while we were there! To get these photos with not many people in the background we used the grass courtyard area on Main Street and got there for rope drop at 8am. We let her run around the enclosed area so we could get the best pictures- one year olds don’t stand and pose when you ask them to 🙂
If you have any questions email me or comment here! I’m happy to answer!